are you ready?
Learn the ins and outs of presenting yourself online for interviews so you come across as your best self on camera!
Interviews for a job, scholarship or college admission are nerve-racking enough.
They don't need to feel any more intimidating just because they're virtual!
Here's how we want to help:
Whether it's a virtual one-on-one interview, group interview or video to submit, it's important to learn how to present yourself well on camera. This workshop will help you be more prepared and at ease going into the interview process.
What to expect:
- We'll share the do's and don'ts of making you look and sound your best on camera, while still being your true and authentic self. We'll talk about lighting, backgrounds, sound and more.
- First impressions are hard enough in person. We'll help you learn how to make the impression you want to make and be more aware of how you come across on camera.
- When communicating virtually you lose a lot of social cues and it's harder to read body language. Learn how to make a strong connection in the limited time you have.
- How to use energy, confidence and voice inflection to strengthen your virtual persona.
- Virtual Etiquette
- Learn skills that will also help you in virtual meetings, presentations and events
"Just a note to say how much of an impact you had on my students this semester.
I’ve been grading their final reports on a mock interview they had for a job with a mentor they chose. The report structure forces them to tell me what they did to prepare for the interview. The number of students who report things like “I went back over my notes from the Barnes’s” or “I made sure to look into the camera like we were taught” is truly noteworthy.
Thank you again for your time and expertise!"
~John Thompson, Business Professor, Southwestern University~
"Knowledgeable and helpful people like you make the stressful process seem less daunting, and help me to be excited for the upcoming process."
"Awesome presentation!! Kim and Mike you have so much info for us to think about before we go “on camera”! Thanks for your expertise."
KIM & MIKE BARNES
Kim & Mike Barnes have each spent 30+ years on the air! Now, as Barnes Team Media, they coach clients for on-camera impact in video, virtual presentations, media interviews and public speaking.
Kim was an award-winning reporter and news anchor for 15 years, including more than a decade at KVUE in Austin. Kim also taught television news reporting at The University of Texas (her alma mater).
Mike Barnes was an award-winning sportscaster at KVUE for over 29 years He was named Best Sportscaster in Austin 17 years and Best in Texas four times.
Mike & Kim have a house divided :) with a 24-year-old who graduated from Texas A&M and a 22-year-old daughter who graduated from the University of Texas! This dynamic duo knows how to make a great impression on camera or in front of a room.